1. I have a twin sister named Jenny who is three minutes older than me, and a half sister named Melissa who is thirty five.
2. I love beaches and oceans.
3. I'm a Scorpio, and I feel that I pretty much fit the character traits that go along with being a Scorpio. I'm passionate, jealous, secretive, mysterious, sexy, and love learning new things, the occult, and solving mysteries.
4. I went to school for massage therapy, have a diploma in private investigation, and am now going to school to study science.
5. My goal is to become a Forensic Scientist, or a Crime Scene Investigator. I decided I wanted to do this before that CSI show went on the air.
6. I have worked in a variety of jobs, including fast food service, computer store sales, process serving, bookstore sales, data entry, guinea pig in research study, and now as a brokerage assistant.
7. One job I have never held is as a waitress. I don't think I can be nice enough to make good tips.
8. I was a vegatarian for 2-1/2 years (in high school and a little bit after). I started eating meat again when I was with my ex. I immediately gained 20 pounds and grew an ass.
9. I get quite a few compliments on my ass. I'm pretty proud of it.
10. I love to sing. I enjoy karaoke. I usually need to drink a bit before I do it, though.
11. I LOVE to read, and have more books than will fit on my bookshelves.
12. I am married to a wonderful man, and the step-mother of a beautiful 2-year-old. She's a handful, but I love her.
13. When I was younger, I never wanted to have kids.
14. I took dance for 8-1/2 years when I was younger. I miss it.
15. I've also played nearly every sport known to man. I've played soccer, softball, basketball, been on a bowling league, and done judo. I was always an athletic person.
16. I have a strong work ethic. I didn't call in sick once in about 6 years. The first time I called in sick after that, I went to get in the shower and almost passed out. I ended up having bronchitis.
17. I have a really warped sense of time. No matter how much time I have to get somewhere, I always think I'm going to be late.
18. I love to write. I've always written poetry and short stories. I even have part of a book started.
19. As soon as I find that beginning of a book, I'm going to work on it again.
20. I love figuring out how things (and people) work. When I was little I would beg my dad to let me take clocks and things apart, just to see how they worked. Last year I bought a doorknob to see how that worked.
21. I love my parents. I used to be pissed off at them all the time, but I figured out that I like them much better when I'm not living with them.
22. I'm partially deaf. I had chronic ear infections when I was little, so the doctors put tubes in my ears. They now know that tubes can damage your hearing. Too late for me, though!
23. Luckily, I've been pretty good at reading lips since I was little. When people talk to me, they sometimes ask if there's something in their teeth, because I stare at their mouths while they're talking, in case I don't hear something.
24. I have crappy eyesight. It's genetic. (Thanks, Mom and Dad!)
25. I've made quite a few bad decisions when it comes to love. I've had boyfriends who cheated on me, verbally abused me, and just been with basically not-very-good-for-me men. Until my husband. Not that our marriage is all sunshine and roses 24/7.
A quarter of the way done! I think I'll finish this later...
26. I have never been either snow skiing or waterskiing. I've always been afraid that my first time downhill skiing would be the time I'd break my leg, and I'd never want to do it again.
27. I've ALWAYS wanted to learn how to surf.
28. I LOVE to travel. I've been to Canada (whoo!), the Bahamas, Jamaica (twice), Cancun, Mexico, and quite a few places in the US, including New Orleans, New York City, and Las Vegas.
29. In the next two years, my husband and I are planning trips to San Francisco/Carmel/Napa Valley, CA, and Athens, Santorini, and Mykonos, Greece. I'm very much looking forward to the Greece trip.
30. God, this is hard. I'd better stop writing so much for each one.
31. I have a few very close friends. I prefer a few close friends to a bunch of people I know not very well.
32. I'm a very private person.
33. I'm also a pretty non-trusting person. It takes a while for me to "let people in".
34. I need way more sleep than I get. I think I don't let myself sleep enough on purpose.
35. I have a little streak of self-destructiveness that comes out on occasion.
36. I pick my nails. It's a horrible habit.
37. I've found that I can let them grow and have them look good for about 2 months at a time. Then I have to pick them all off and start over.
38. Boredom really makes me pick my nails.
39. I also used to smoke. I still crave them every once in a while. Especially when I'm bored, stressed, or hungry, or tired, or drinking, or at a bar, or... *grin*
40. This is harder than I thought.
41. My wedding was exceptionally small. There were 21 people, including my husband and I, at the reception.
42. Growing up, I never wanted to get married.
43. Then I changed it to, "If I'm going to get married, it will be after I turn 30. I have too much stuff to accomplish before I get tied to a man."
44. Then it became "I may get married before I turn 30, but he'd better not get in the way of anything I want to do, AND I don't want a big wedding!"
45. We were originally going to fly to Vegas with our parents and maid of honor and best man. After some planning, my husband decided that he wanted to get married around where we live.
46. We compromised by planning a VERY SMALL wedding in his mom's church.
47. Planning a wedding is hellish. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.
48. I wouldn't have done it any other way, though. I love the way it turned out.
49. From love and marriage to tattoos: I have two tattoos. (UPDATE: I got my third on 5/27/03.)
50. I have a Celtic knotted sun over my right kidney (right lower back), and the Kanji for wisdom on my left shoulder blade. I'm getting one more, then I'm stopping.
51. I just have to figure out where I'm going to put it. I'm pretty sure I want a phoenix. It's a very fitting symbol for me. (UPDATE: I got my third, a phoenix, on my left lower abdomen on 5/27/03. I LOVE it. I want MORE.)
52. I have an incredible connection to music. I can tell you the cd I lost my virginity to; I can tell you where I was the first time I heard a certain song.
53. I can NAME THAT TUNE in 3 notes.
54. I've done quite a few things in my life that I'm proud of.
55. I've gone skydiving not just once, but five times. I'm hoping to continue my training next spring.
56. I became a homeowner when I was 22 years old. Eight months prior to closing on our house, I could barely afford to eat.
57. I was at his bedside when my favorite grandpa died of brain cancer. I would not change that for anything.
58. I graduated high school with honors, and am on the honor roll every semester in college.
59. I have put myself through massage school, and now am putting myself through college. I have done it all with hard work, having gotten no financial aid, grants, or scholarships (though not for lack of trying).
60. I have never hit anything with my car that was not already dead. If I ever do, I will probably have to pull off to the side of the road, and cry.
61. I was engaged before to a man who is 12 years older than me. We were together for 3 years, lived together for 2 years, and were engaged for a year and a half before he told me he changed his mind and he never wanted to get married. I moved out the next weekend.
62. That man was one of my teachers in high school. Yes, it can happen. *grin*
63. In my work history, I have realized that having 1 or 2 jobs at a time is okay, but 3 or 4 at a time leads to burning out and nervous breakdowns.
64. I have workaholic tendencies. I sometimes think I'm not happy unless I spend every single waking moment working and making money.
65. I think part of it just stems from my obsessive tendencies. I become obsessed with one thing, and can't let it go. I've done this lately with travel planning.
66. I attend an Episcopalian church with my husband, step-daughter, and mother-in-law about once a month.
67. However, I most closely identify with the Wiccan religion.
68. I was raised a Protestant. When I was about 12, I didn't know anymore if I believed everything I was taught. So I began studying different religions. I finally decided that Wicca was the best fit for me.
69. My parents were surprisingly accepting of my new religion. I think making my mom read "To Ride a Silver Broomstick" by Silver RavenWolf really helped. It's a great introductory book for non-Wiccans.
70. I am a grammar Nazi. Incorrect grammar and spelling really irritate me.
71. I won second place in the school spelling bee in first grade. I think it's because I used to read so much. I developed a large vocabulary at a young age.
72. My parents used to yell at me whenI was little to "put the book down and go outside and play!!" I liked books better than people.
73. I was painfully shy as a child. I used to make my twin sister act as our spokesperson. I would not talk to anyone outside our immediate family.
74. In elementary school, I started wearing skirts with boots. I was a young punk kid at an early age. I was just a few years ahead of the trend.
75. In ninth grade, I decided to stop caring what other people thought, and I "came out of my shell".
76. When I was a child, my mom could not keep shirts on me. I loved to run around topless.
77. Now that I'm older, I still love to run around naked. Getting dressed is the very last thing I do before I leave the house to go to work.
78. I love sex. I am a very passionate, open-minded person when it comes to sex.
79. I like things in bed that people might not know about by just looking at me.
80. For instance, I own a set of handcuffs, and a cat-o-nine tails.
81. I like to be spanked. (And I'm lucky enough to have a husband who doesn't think I'm a sexual deviant for liking strange things.)
82. I also like anal sex, if I'm in the mood for it. Being in the mood is essential, though.
83. This is becoming the entry of TOO MUCH INFORMATION, isn't it? *grin*
84. I'm much happier since I went on medication. I do still occasionally worry about my tendency toward alcoholism, though.
85. Alcoholism runs in my family. Goody.
86. I have pretty much ALWAYS suffered from insomnia. I have a problem turning my brain off at night.
87. I am cold about 95% of the time. The only time I'm really warm is when I'm sleeping.
88. Which is why I'm SO glad I finally broke down and bought a heater to keep under my desk at work.
89. I've never broken a bone, but I have dislocated my left knee three times and my left elbow once in my life.
90. I also used to jam my fingers just about every week when I played basketball. I taped the jammed one next to the one beside it, and was fine to play.
91. I miss playing basketball. I also miss dancing.
92. If I had any more spare time, I'd love to take a class at the local community ed center. Either in some form of exercise, or candle-making, soap-making, cooking, or something like that.
93. This is harder than I thought it would be. :-)
94. I LOVE to swim. I spent quite a bit of time during the summers growing up on at my grandparents' house. They live on a lake. We would spend days at a time out on the raft, only coming in to sleep at night.
95. My sister and I and all our cousins loved catching frogs and building little "castles" and moats for them on the beach. Then we'd see how long they would stay in there.
96. We would also get up late at night, get blankets and lawn chairs, and lay out under the night sky to watch meteor showers at my grandparents' house. Then we'd go inside and my grandma would make us hot chocolate with milk on the stove.
97. I have so many wonderful memories of growing up.
98. I also have some crappy memories, but I try not to dwell on those.
99. I try to live my life without regrets. I believe that everything I've endured in my life has made me the person I am today. And I like that person.
100. I hope I haven't bored everyone to death with this list.
101. Which reminds me...I'm a compulsive list maker. I love lists.